- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs
- Oil (for frying)
- Peel potatoes and cut into the size of steak french fries
- Heat enough oil to cover the potatoes until drops of water cause “boiling”
- Put potatoes in the hot oil and cook until soft, turning occasionally so they cook evenly.
- Remove potatoes from oil and place in frying pan with 1 TBSP of oil.
- Beat two eggs and pour over the potatoes in the frying pan
- Cook them together for a few seconds and then flip using a plate (invert the frying pan over the plate and then slide the chips mayai off the plate and back into the pan with the uncooked side down on the heat).
- Press the chipsi mayai into the pan with a spatula as it cooks. After a minute or so, flip again using the plate and press again with the spatula
- Continue cooking until the egg is completely cooked.
If you try it out, let me know!