Friday, November 25, 2011

28 today

Today is my 28th birthday.  It’s true, the older you get, the more it just feels like another day.  I taught at 8:00 and the rest of the day was free.  The only thing that really made it feel like my birthday is that Jon had the grade 10 students sing happy birthday to me.  It was really sweet.  Tanzanians don’t celebrate birthdays in the same way that we do.  So, even though the other teachers found out it was my birthday when they heard the 10th graders sing to me, it’s not a huge deal.  I just relaxed and read Harry Potter, really.  28 sounds old.  Jon and I were reminiscing and it’s crazy to think that we met when I was 21.  Who knew 7 years later that we would be celebrating my birthday in Peace Corps in Tanzania?!  It also doesn’t really feel like my birthday because it’s nice out!  It’s been about 85 and sunny.  My birthday makes me think of snow, cold, and the imminent winter headed our way.  So, even just the warm weather throws me off!  Anyway, I’ll wake up tomorrow, 28, for another year, and the days will keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment