Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Swahili

I can honestly say that I feel like my Swahili is finally improving.  My students are most to thank – they correct me when I make mistakes and help me when I ask.  However, I do notice that I am unable to retain and recall things that used to be so easy for me to do in Japan.  I think it’s a crap statement- but I think it’s because I am getting a little older.  Learning Japanese at 22 was probably easier than to try to do at 28.  Even though Swahili is a far simpler language, things just don’t stick as quickly as they used to.  But, trust me, my Swahili still sucks, so don’t expect great things from me.  It’s just a noticeable improvement for once.  And yes, Jon’s is far better than mine (he studies easily one hour per day as opposed to my one hour every other month).

2 comments:

  1. Tell Jon to stop being such an Ogerachiever!

    Remember the Shrek billboards that used to say that? I thought it appropriate since we saw Shrek together. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the correct spelling would be Ogreachiever. Apparently I can't spell even made up words.

    ReplyDelete