Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shopping in Dar

Since I have pretty much moved right on into Dar for all my medical reasons, I have done a bit of (very expensive) grocery shopping.  I got a few small things that are going to increase the quality and diversity of our food if we ever get back to our village.  Lemon juice for when a recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of lemon juice, I don't have to squeeze 15 lemons and remove all the seeds.  Sesame oil which makes all my cooking better.  Red lentils because maaaaan do I love lentils.  Brown sugar because now I can make some great treats and it's called for in more recipes than you would really realize.  Finally, some coriander.  I make curry alot!  I might still do a little more grocery shopping before we leave and get some more super expensive items that will make my life happier when I get back to my village.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you found sesame oil! I had a hard time finding it in freakin Jacksonville! haha

    ReplyDelete